Since the inception of The Teresa Group in 1990, the Volunteer Program has brought together a dedicated group of trained volunteers who assist children and their families through a variety of programs and services.
In this passionate and moving video, The Teresa Group volunteers talk about what inspires them and keeps them motivated.
We are currently recruiting for the following volunteer opportunities:
Description: We are currently looking for reliable volunteers with a safe and roadworthy vehicle to help transport participants to and from groups
Frequency/hours: once a week in October and November; days and times to be confirmed
- A recent Vulnerable Sector police check (within the past 3 months)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Access to a safe, roadworthy vehicle with valid registration
- Minimum of $1million liability and 3rd party insurance
- Reliable, punctual, trustworthy and have a kind, respectful and caring manner
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality
Occasional in-office childcare
Description: Provide as-needed child minding services in our office when parents are participating in groups or other programs
- Valid vulnerable sector police check
- Child and youth care or education qualification
- Childcare experience
Volunteers, Special Events:
Description Assist staff and a team of volunteers in the planning, organizing and execution of two fundraisers, The Scotiabank Charity Challenge and The Mane Event.
Location: The Teresa Group office, 124 Merton Street, Suite 104.
- Strong communication skills.
- Event planning and execution would be an asset.
- A spirit of hospitality and an outgoing personality.
- Organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work independently.
- Awareness and understanding of the work and mandate of The Teresa Group.
Volunteers, Office Administration:
Description Support the professional staff by fulfilling various office duties as needed including mail-out package preparation, filing, organization of the food bank/clothes bank.
For further information about volunteering with The Teresa Group please contact
Vulnerable Sector Police reference check is required for all volunteer positions.